Apples are not just crunchy, sweet and satisfying. As part of a smart diet, they can help protect against serious diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, cancer and more. Consider them your healthy secret weapon.
You’ve heard it a zillion times: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Turns out there’s more truth to that than you might think. Studies show apples have powerful health benefits, particularly when it comes to fighting chronic diseases that kill millions of people each year. Here’s a short list of how eating more apples can help keep you healthy, along with some apple-licious ways to add them to your meals.
Here are 10 impressive health benefits of apples:
1. Protects Your Heart
2. Boosts Brain Health
3. Helps You Lose Weight
4. Lowers Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
5. Fights Cancer
6. Apples Are Nutritious
7. They May Have Prebiotic Effects and Promote Good Gut Bacteria
8. Apples Contain Compounds That Can Help Fight Asthma
9. Apples May Be Good for Bone Health
10. Apples May Help Protect Your Brain.
BY STEHANIE E. HEMEN