The Vice Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID), Prof. Abubakar Njodi, says in spite of Monday’s bomb blast, the university will not be closed. Njodi stated this on Monday in Maiduguri, when Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, the Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole of the Nigerian Army paid him a sympathy visit.
“I can convince the senate, the management and the university community to close the school to save lives.
“But if we do that, we are not helping because we have to give the security our maximum support and our support is not to join them in the battle field.
“If we run away, that means there is nobody they should be fighting for. We should stay and resolve it, after all the war is about us, western education.
“If we stay, the terrorists will be frustrated because that is their aim.
“What is the point of fighting for us if we run? We should stand our ground so that the military will be proud that the people they are fighting for are on ground.
“Therefore, our decision is not to close the university. We want to assure you our theatre commander, the university remains open and we will continue with our examinations tomorrow.
“We suspended the exams for today because we want the military to come and access what happened,” Njodi said.
The VC pleaded with the military to tighten security so as to prevent further occurrence of the sad incident. It would be recalled that a 7 year old suicide bomber donated an improvised Explosive Device in a mosque in the early hours of Monday 16 January, 2017 when Muslims faithful were observing the morning prayers which led to the death of a professor who was the Director of the university’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital and four other persons while other sustain injuries.
- Drones kill 12 militants in Yemen
- Ghoncheh Ghavami Sentenced Over Bolleyball Game
- Artist faces jail after starting fire at security HQ
- MMM Nigeria is back
- Leaders of Attempted Coup Arrested after President’s Return
- Trump withdraws U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- CELEBRITY OF THE WEEK
- Baby born with 4 hands, 3 legs in Kaduna State
- UNICEF pledges $3.3b for children affected by conflicts in 2017
- President Barack Obama Farewell Speech
- The Gambia! Vice President Controversy.
- Northern Governors’ Wives Forum: The War against Drug Abuse Continues
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- In what ways do you think Nigerian Government can handle the problem of insecurity?
- Nigeria’s new World Trade Centre poised to send its economy sky-high
- Burkina Faso Rebounds from Military Plot to elect new President
- Angolan TV producers apologises over gays kissing
- South Africa’s President Takes Fourth Wife
- Surfer Mick Fanning escapes shark attack
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- MATRIX INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY, GOMBE
- Ogbunike Caves: A Hidden Gem
- NGWF Declares War Against Drug Abuse & Child Marriage
- Asmau Yari and NGWF: Leading the War Against Drug Abuse and Early Marriage
- The Crime We Are All Guilty Of: Child Abuse
- Nigeria: A Once Vibrant Country Dwarfed by Criminals and Rogues
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- CELEBRITY OF THE WEEK
- A LIFE FULL OF REGRET
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- How Western Makeup Trends Have Shaped the Nigerian Makeup Industry
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Facts about the origin and spread of Boko Haram Insurgency (part two)
- Top 5 must-watch Kannywood movies of 2017
- 39-year-old dropout owned a clinic at Mushin, Lagos state
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- I Stabbed Him In Self-Defense – Teacher Who Allegedly Stabbed Husband to Death Says
- Aisha Pariya and Aliyu Boya
- Guidelines to Winning the Cancer War
- The Cancer War
- Turbanning Ceremony of Alhaji Nasiru Danu as ‘Dan Amana Dutse’
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Nigerian Governors and Housewives: A Comparative Analysis
- A Nigerian musician has bought a doll to replace the duties of a girlfriend
- Legendary Nigerian Musician Ras Kimono is Dead
- Breathe Taking Sights to Behold in Nigeria
- Amazing Benefits of Skin Icing
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- The Safest Countries to Visit in 2017