Manchester United has regained top spot in the Deloitte Money League for the first time in more than a decade.
The Red Devils, benefiting from a return to the Champions League, posted record revenue of £515.3million over the course of the 2015-16.
That was enough to knock Real Madrid off the top spot after 11 years at the summit. The Spaniards slipped to third, despite returning their own record of £463.8m – an increase of almost £45m. Barcelona move into second.
Figures were up at Old Trafford across the board, with improved revenues showing in the match day, broadcast and commercial sectors.
Over the course of the Money League’s 20-year existence, United are the only side other than Real to have held top spot, and the huge wealth of English clubs was evident again in 2015-16, as eight teams made the top 20.
Manchester City moved into the top five for the first time, their revenues up £40m to just under £400m, while Leicester made their debut appearance in the list.
Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all had the money to be placed in the top 10, Tottenham finished 11th and West Ham also made the cut, having seen revenues rise by more than a third.
The report, put together by business advisers Deloitte, uses figures extracted from the annual financial statements of the company or group in respect of each club
- Man United named most valuable club by Forbes
- Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners, Donates Millions Of Naira
- Nigeria maintain 52nd position on the latest FIFA ranking
- Sport News
- Investigation reveals Man United Star Striker was almost jailed in the US
- Plateau United remain top of NPFL standings
- Barca sue Neymar for €8.5 million
- Barcelona 6:1 PSG: The Greatest Champions League Comeback
- Sport News
- Chelsea legend Drogba to call it quit on his football career
- Mourinho plans massive clear-out at Man United, set to spare only 7 players
- Neymar may miss Champions League against Real Madrid
- Sport News
- Sport News
- AFCON 2017: Cameroon emerge African champions
- Arsenal confirm the signing of Gabonese striker Aubameyang
- SPORT NEWS
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- 5 Things to Do Before House Hunting in Abuja
- My Promiscuous wife
- President Buhari Returns
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Top 5 Kannywood actors of 2017
- The First Lady Syndrome in Nigeria
- A Day at the Spa… For Your Baby!
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- VIP MINERS: Be an Honoured Gold Investor
- Nigeria: A Country Needing Expertise Surgery
- All you need to know when shopping in Dubai
- Why Do Married Men Fall In Love With Other Women?
- Friend Of Lady Who Allegedly Jumped From 3rd Mainland Bridge Finally Speaks
- Fitfam! Stage 1, nutrition
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- What is Dry Drowning?
- Abuja- busy territory for codeine users
- TOP 10 SMALL BUSINESS INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN ABUJA
- INDECENT DRESSING
- ABUJA STOOD STILL AS FORMER FCT MINISTER’S SONS TIE THE KNOT TO THEIR HEARTTHROB
- Umaru Isa Yuguda Weds Meema Ali
- 10 Top foods for boosting your fertility
- 4 ways to tush up your outfit
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Nigeria Ranked 3rd In Open Defecation Globally
- Family Of Five, Family Friend Dies After Moving Into New Apartment
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- UNICEF pledges $3.3b for children affected by conflicts in 2017
- Interracial Relationships
- Trump withdraws U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- 10 ways overseas travel makes couples stronger
- Laugh Out Loud With These Jokes
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Dos and Don’ts of Shoes
- Simple Makeup Tips for Ladies with Petite Lips
- Tips on how to save money during festivities
- Ways to Simplify Your Financial Life
- We Raped Corpse Of Our Victim, Ate Her Flesh – Ritualists
- Fashion tips for plus size ladies