Five persons were burnt to death after a petrol tanker crashed and went up in flames on Wednesday evening at Gada-Biyu village, on Abuja-Lokoja express way.
It was gathered that the tanker with registration number NCH 220 XB lost control and rammed into two other vehicles.
A witness simply identified as Yunusa, said the incident happened at about 5:07p.m. When the tanker, coming from Lokoja axis, lost control and rammed into a Golf car with registration number BAS 304 AA and a Mitsubishi Dynna bus with registration number LSD 804 XQ.
He said the tanker crashed on the Golf car, in which five people were trapped and burnt beyond recognition.
“But the tanker driver and his conductor, including the driver of the Dynna truck were able to escape before the fire went beyond control,” he said
He said the burnt corpses were later evacuated by men of the Abaji unit command of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC).
Before arrival of fire fighters from Abaji, the fire from the tanker was raving.
It was reported that due to the commotion cause by the tanker crash, two persons were also injured in another accident that occurred at the same scene, after a Mercedes Benz truck with registration number KUJ 273 XA. The driver and a passenger who sustained serious injuries were taken to hospital by the rescue team of the FRSC.
When contacted, the Abaji unit commander of the FRSC, Assistant Corps Commander, Olasupo A. Esuruoso, confirmed the incidents. He attributed the accidents to over speeding, saying the five burnt corpses have been deposited at Abaji General Hospital mortuary.
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- President Buhari Returns
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- The Safest Place to Sit on a Plane
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Essential grooming tips for men
- Ways to handle a difficult Spouse
- The Argument For Buhari
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- MMM Nigeria is back
- VIP MINERS: Be an Honoured Gold Investor
- The Tale of a Betrayed Bride
- ZONE REALITY
- Drones kill 12 militants in Yemen
- Ways to Simplify Your Financial Life
- How to handle Teenage Crisis
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- To Mark International Women’s Day, Here Are Great Quotes from Inspirational Women
- Women’s Health- Dealing with Depression
- APC: SETTING THE PACE IN NATIONAL UNITY
- Family Of Five, Family Friend Dies After Moving Into New Apartment
- Chelsea legend Drogba to call it quit on his football career
- Man United named most valuable club by Forbes
- 10 ways overseas travel makes couples stronger
- Investigation reveals Man United Star Striker was almost jailed in the US
- Mourinho plans massive clear-out at Man United, set to spare only 7 players
- UNICEF pledges $3.3b for children affected by conflicts in 2017
- Nigeria Ranked 3rd In Open Defecation Globally
- Man United Tops Clubs Rich List