A security guard, Mikemon Solomon, who allegedly raped a nine-year-old girl, on Wednesday appeared before an Ogudu Magistrates’ Court, Lagos.
Mr. Solomon, who lives on Midou Road, Mile 12, is facing a one-count charge of defiling a child, an offense which attracts life imprisonment, if found guilty. The accused was said to have committed the offense on the 3rd March, on Aishat Street in Mile 12, Lagos.
The victim reported the accused to her stepmother, and the victim’s brother subsequently lodged a complaint at the Ketu Police Station.
“She said that the accused had offered her money on several occasions, but she refused to collect.
“On March 2, she was coming from their shop and the accused offered her money again, but she refused to collect it.
“The little girl said that when she refused, the accused held her on the neck and dragged her to a corner and raped her.
“Blood was coming out as she went home crying, and told her stepmother, who went to report the incident to the elder brother.”
The prosecutor said that the action of the accused contravened Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge, and the Magistrate, O. Sule-Amzat granted him bail in the sum of N100, 000 with two sureties.
She said that one of the sureties must be a blood relation, adding that both sureties must deposit N20, 000 each into the Chief Registrar’s account.
The court adjourned the case to March 27, for further hearing.
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Victim of Valentine’s Day Rape
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- My Promiscuous wife
- The Crime We Are All Guilty Of: Child Abuse
- Laugh Out Loud With These Jokes
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Aisha Pariya and Aliyu Boya
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- President Buhari Returns
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Do you think the Federal Government will implement the resolutions made at the national CONFAB?
- Artist faces jail after starting fire at security HQ
- DO YOU THINK THE FEDERAL GOVT. WILL IMPLEMENT THE RESOLUTIONS MADE AT THE NATIONAL CONFAB?
- Wife demand divorce from husband that loves her more than his own mum
- The Stranger
- How to Look Sexy Without Trying to Look Sexy
- Tozali Entertainment Gist.
- University of Maiduguri bomb blast: The school will not be closed says VC
- In what ways do you think Nigerian Government can handle the problem of insecurity?
- Nigeria: A Once Vibrant Country Dwarfed by Criminals and Rogues
- The Argument For Buhari
- Things to consider before dating a broke man
- Essential Guide to Building Your Own Brand as an SME
- Tips on how to save money during festivities
- Ways to Simplify Your Financial Life
- Tourist Destination in Plateau State.
- Drones kill 12 militants in Yemen
- A LIFE FULL OF REGRET
- The Safest Place to Sit on a Plane
- 10 Good Reasons You Should Not Skip Breakfast