The Police in Bayelsa on Monday confirmed the arrest of a 59-year-old traditional health practitioner, Ziworitin Keke, who cut off the penis of a nine-month-old boy during circumcision.
The incident occurred at Odenwari, a coastal settlement in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa on February 5 2017.
According to Premium Times report, Asinim Butswat, the spokesman of the state Police Command, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday that Mr. Keke was already in custody, while investigation was underway.
“We arrested the suspect following a report of the circumcision incident; he is currently in our custody. “He was arrested on Saturday and hopefully after investigation, prosecution will follow subject to the outcome of the investigation,” Mr. Butswat said.
Eudora Michael, the 35-year-old mother of the baby, said her son, Oyintari Michael, whose penis was cut off during the ill-fated circumcision, was at risk and in excruciating pains. She said the boy desperately needed medical help.
Mrs. Michael told NAN on Monday at Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa, that she and her husband could not afford the specialised care the baby needed to stay alive. She further said that since the sad incident, she and her husband have been running around to raise money and they are currently in a big debt.
By: Pupwaya Timothy Dibal
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- President Buhari Returns
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Lassa fever spreads to Plateau state, 4 confirmed dead.
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- 39-year-old dropout owned a clinic at Mushin, Lagos state
- The First Lady Syndrome in Nigeria
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Mel Gibson welcomes his ninth child with girlfriend
- Love conquers all pains
- Rahama Sadau features in new Nollywood movie alongside Ramsey Noauh
- The Argument For Buhari
- Take a tour to Delta State
- Natural ways of inducing Labour
- DRAMA AS MOTHER SELLS BABY TO BUY PHONE IN EDO STATE.
- Top Kannywood Actors to Storm Ghana For Sallah
- Family Of Five, Family Friend Dies After Moving Into New Apartment
- 55-Year-Old Woman Throws Grandchild Into Well To Teach Daughter-In-Law Lesson
- Tuface Vows To Proceed With Protest Despite Police Warning
- Ways to care for your feet.
- The Danger of Self Medication
- Full Text Of 2face Idibia’s Speech On The Proposed Nationwide Protest And A New Date For The Protest
- HEALTH IS WEALTH
- Chemicals and toxins to avoid when buying baby products
- Why Yoga is important during Pregnancy
- Health Benefits of Coconut Oil during Pregnancy
- When to introduce solids to your baby
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- Ways to handle a difficult Spouse
- What you should know about HIV and AIDS
- Northern Governors’ Wives Forum: The War against Drug Abuse Continues