The Police in Bayelsa on Monday confirmed the arrest of a 59-year-old traditional health practitioner, Ziworitin Keke, who cut off the penis of a nine-month-old boy during circumcision.
The incident occurred at Odenwari, a coastal settlement in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa on February 5 2017.
According to Premium Times report, Asinim Butswat, the spokesman of the state Police Command, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday that Mr. Keke was already in custody, while investigation was underway.
“We arrested the suspect following a report of the circumcision incident; he is currently in our custody. “He was arrested on Saturday and hopefully after investigation, prosecution will follow subject to the outcome of the investigation,” Mr. Butswat said.
Eudora Michael, the 35-year-old mother of the baby, said her son, Oyintari Michael, whose penis was cut off during the ill-fated circumcision, was at risk and in excruciating pains. She said the boy desperately needed medical help.
Mrs. Michael told NAN on Monday at Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa, that she and her husband could not afford the specialised care the baby needed to stay alive. She further said that since the sad incident, she and her husband have been running around to raise money and they are currently in a big debt.
By: Pupwaya Timothy Dibal
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- President Buhari Returns
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Lassa fever spreads to Plateau state, 4 confirmed dead.
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- 39-year-old dropout owned a clinic at Mushin, Lagos state
- The First Lady Syndrome in Nigeria
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Love conquers all pains
- Mel Gibson welcomes his ninth child with girlfriend
- The Argument For Buhari
- Rahama Sadau features in new Nollywood movie alongside Ramsey Noauh
- Take a tour to Delta State
- Natural ways of inducing Labour
- Top Kannywood Actors to Storm Ghana For Sallah
- Family Of Five, Family Friend Dies After Moving Into New Apartment
- Tuface Vows To Proceed With Protest Despite Police Warning
- The Danger of Self Medication
- Ways to care for your feet.
- Full Text Of 2face Idibia’s Speech On The Proposed Nationwide Protest And A New Date For The Protest
- HEALTH IS WEALTH
- When to introduce solids to your baby
- Health Benefits of Coconut Oil during Pregnancy
- Chemicals and toxins to avoid when buying baby products
- Why Yoga is important during Pregnancy
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- Ways to handle a difficult Spouse
- What you should know about HIV and AIDS
- Will you leave your spouse because of mouth odour?
- Northern Governors’ Wives Forum: The War against Drug Abuse Continues
- Health Benefits of Spinach