The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Kaduna Zonal Office has intercepted an undeclared sum of N49 million at the Kaduna International Airport.
According to Premium Times, Ibrahim Bappa, the Kaduna zonal head of the EFCC, while addressing journalists on Tuesday in Kaduna, said the money was stashed in five large 150 kilogramme coloured sacks following an intelligence report received by the zone.
He said during a routine baggage screening of supposed check-in baggage, the five bags were sighted unattended to and without tags, “containing fresh bulk items suspected to be money from the aroma perceived from the sack.
“The owner of the money later showed up but couldn’t state the exact money in the sack or present any document authenticating the genesis of the money.
“However, his inability to give any concrete explanation made him become uncomfortable and he disappeared into thin air before the arrival of EFCC operatives,” the zonal head said.
Mr. Bappa said the operatives later found out that the suspect had fled the airport vicinity leaving the sacks behind.
He said upon scrutiny of the contents of the sack, it was discovered that they contained fresh crispy naira notes of N200 denomination in 200 bundles totalling N40 million and N50 denomination in 180 bundles totalling N9 million.
The bundles had seals that showed they may have emanated from the Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company.
“Investigation into the case is on top gear with a view to identifying owner and apprehending all those behind the crimes,” he added.
The Kaduna airport has become busy since the federal government last week closed the Abuja airport. All air passengers travelling to and from Abuja have to use the Kaduna airport for the next six weeks.
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Nigeria: A Once Vibrant Country Dwarfed by Criminals and Rogues
- Baby born with 4 hands, 3 legs in Kaduna State
- Alh. Umar Gubio Kyari Weds Aisha Baba Ahmed
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Ways to Simplify Your Financial Life
- President Buhari Returns
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Motivational Quotes
- Lemon juice the best cleaning detergent
- Inspirational Quotes Thursday
- 55-Year-Old Woman Throws Grandchild Into Well To Teach Daughter-In-Law Lesson
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- CELEBRITY OF THE WEEK
- The Safest Place to Sit on a Plane
- Laugh Out Loud With These Jokes
- DRAMA AS MOTHER SELLS BABY TO BUY PHONE IN EDO STATE.
- The Argument For Buhari
- Teaching your kids financial intelligence
- MOTIVATIONS THAT DRIVE PEOPLE INTO ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
- Essential Guide to Building Your Own Brand as an SME
- The Stranger
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Things to consider before dating a broke man
- Financial mistakes married couples should look out for
- Anas Ibrahim and Hadiza Balarabe
- Abdulwahab Alakayi & Binta M. T Usman
- Take a tour to Delta State