World Economics, a London-based organisation, declared yesterday that after a few quarters of negative growth that saw the death of businesses, the Nigerian economy has wriggled out of recession.
According to the organisation, which focuses on producing financial analysis on world economy, Nigeria’s “Market Growth Index grew to 58.5 in April as the monthly Sales Growth Index ticked up to 56.7, its highest value since 2015 and representative of rapid growth”.
Although the organisation acknowledged that Price inflation for April, which is tracked by the Prices Charged Index, remained high at 58.7 – indicative of high levels of inflation, it added however that “a slowing trend has developed for the past 9 months”.
Whereas conditions remain difficult for businesses in the country, World Economics said, “The challenges and the recent changes to the Naira’s FX rate are aiding sales transactions.
“Overall, conditions in Nigeria have improved further over the past month and managers are expressing renewed optimism that the economy will continue to grow and regain strength after the recession”, it added.
Also, in its Global Financial Stability Report for 2017, it claimed that economic activity has gained momentum, amid broadly accommodative monetary and financial conditions which have spurred hopes for reflation.
It said that this has given rise to longer term interest rates which, in turn, have helped to boost earnings of banks and insurance companies. Remarkably, the fund insisted that gains in many asset prices reflect a more optimistic outlook.
- Nigeria And Its Elite Machinations
- 5 Misconceptions About Stay-At-Home Dads
- Anatomy of Nigerians Cultural Dishonesty
- How Western Makeup Trends Have Shaped the Nigerian Makeup Industry
- The First Lady Syndrome in Nigeria
- Nigeria: A Once Vibrant Country Dwarfed by Criminals and Rogues
- What do you want the federal government to do in order for 2017 to be better?
- In what ways do you think Nigerian Government can handle the problem of insecurity?
- Nigeria: A Country Needing Expertise Surgery
- Yakubu Dogara’s place in history
- FASHION ICON OF THE WEEK
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- President Buhari Returns
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Undeniable Facts about Living in Abuja
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Full Text Of 2face Idibia’s Speech On The Proposed Nationwide Protest And A New Date For The Protest
- Fall in oil price and its effect on our economy
- Should Nigeria have stayed longer under Colonial rule?
- Nigeria’s new World Trade Centre poised to send its economy sky-high
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- The Argument For Buhari
- Barca sue Neymar for €8.5 million
- Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners, Donates Millions Of Naira
- MMM Nigeria is back
- Alhaji Mahmood Halilu Ahmed Conferred with a Doctorate Degree at Crescent University’s 9th Convocation
- Turban: stylish and modern