As a popular saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away, this also applies to avocado. Eating a creamy slice or two of avocado, combined with the seed, a day will definitely keep the doctor away. This delicious fruit makes a great substitute for mayonnaise and butter. Avocado, commonly known as pear, is one of the most complete and beneficial fruit for our health. The whole plant is wonderful, from the fruit and the leaf to the seed itself are powerful and great health benefits to the human body.
Over 60% of amino acids can be found in the avocado seed. It also contains more fiber than many other fruits. The seed can be consumed in different ways. Due to its bitter taste, the fine layer of brown skin can be remove. After removing the brown skin, grate the seed and use it as garnish in salad, soup, stew, rice or pasta. Alternatively, boil the seed for 10 minutes and let it sit for another 5 minutes; drink the water throughout the day. You can also grate the seed, dry and pound it into powder form, and add to dishes of your choice.
Health benefits of avocado seed include;
- It helps get rid of toxic substances from the body and also helps boost your blood level.
- It prevents cell aging.
- Helps raise defenses and fight diseases caused by microbes, fungus and parasites.
- Slimming and fat burning! Avocado seeds contain mainly fat burners. It also contains soluble fiber which improves the intestinal tract and makes you feel satisfied.
- Great for treating diarrhea and gastrointestinal tract inflammation
- Revitalizing for fatigue and stress
- Prevents tumor growth, thanks to its flavonol content.
- Regulates thyroid disorders
- Has a rejuvenating effect on the skin and increases the level of collagen which helps to make your skin firm and reduces wrinkles.
- Very effective in combating arthritis as it is anti-inflammatory
- It is a good supplement for the treatment of asthma naturally.
- It’s good for gastric ulcer patients. It contains a large amount of fibers that have an extremely positive impact on digestion. It can be used for the prevention of cancer.
- Avocado seed is rich with antioxidants. Antioxidants are good for health problems. This extract lowers LDL cholesterol, or bad cholesterol, but no increase in triglycerides or reduction of HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol), therefore lowers blood pressure.
- It has antidiabetic effects due to its high contents in calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc and chromium. These elements regulate key enzymes involved in the formation of glucose and help the body use existing glucose better, thus fighting diabetes.
- Used to treat aches and pains because the seed has a local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, and rubefacient (something that increases blood circulation) effect, its paste is used to reduce muscle pain and even treat arthritis. The seed or its decoction is also placed in the tooth cavity to cure toothache.
The seed can be toxic when consumed in large amount. So, go on and include this seed in your daily diet, but be careful not to overdo it and reverse its many beneficial effects.
By: Mercy Kukah