One week after endorsement of Governor Muhammadu Bindow’s candidature by former vice president Atiku Abubakar, to contest for second term, Adamawa Emirate Council has equally replicated same gesture on Atiku as the new Waziri in the Fombina Emirate while his son Aliyu has emerged the new Turaki.
According to palace sources, the decision to elevate Atiku and his son to their new titles followed the demise of former Waziri, Alhaji Abba Mohammed last week.
The sources, who pleaded anonymity, said the elevation was in recognition of the Atiku’s contribution to the state and nation at large.
Four contenders were said to have earlier indicated their interest for the exalted seat, including the current, OPEC secretary general, Dr Muhammad Barkindo.
Alhaji Abubakar’s choice for the exalted traditional position was considered by the council at its meeting on Thursday.
The council members have also penciled Mr. Abubakar’s son, Aliyu, as the next Turakin in succession to his father.
Waziri is one of the most important titles in the Adamawa Emirate.
Before his elevation to Waziri, Mr. Abba, who was once of the oldest councilor in the emirate, was Walin Adamawa. The Walin title was later conferred on the current OPEC Secretary General, Muhammad Barkindo.
Although the emirate is yet to release an official statement announcing Mr. Abubakar’s new appointment, a source in the emirate told PREMIUM TIMES that the decision was taken at a meeting held by the members of the emirate council on Thursday.
His son, Aliyu, who is also son of Hajja, the younger sister of the present Lamido of Adamawa, Dr. Muhammadu Barkindo Aliyu Mustapha was also confirmed as the new Turaki, taking over from his father Atiku Abubakar.
Source: Premium Times
By: Pupwaya Timothy Dibal
- Aisha Pariya and Aliyu Boya
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Bello Shehu and Hauwa Musa Jalo
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Turbanning Ceremony of Alhaji Nasiru Danu as ‘Dan Amana Dutse’
- The Argument For Buhari
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Fatima & Jamil Vs Damilola & Oluseun
- Gombe State – Nigeria’s Jewel In the Savannah
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- The Exclusive Wedding Pictures of Nasiru Haladu Danu And Amne Kam-Salem
- JIGAWA STATE INAUGURATION CEREMONY
- Tozali African Fashion and Cultural Week Postponed.
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- President Buhari Returns
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Bride & Style
- Bauchi Inauguration
- Dogara Trains 803 Women, Youth On Agriculture
- AFCON 2017: Cameroon emerge African champions
- Top 5 must-watch Kannywood movies of 2017
- Ahmed Adamu Muazu And Maryam Abbas
- Facts about the origin and spread of Boko Haram Insurgency (part one)
- Zainab and Nuraddeen Tie the Knots
- Aminu Mohammed Abdulrahim Weds Amira Abba Ahmed
- Lassa fever spreads to Plateau state, 4 confirmed dead.
- The best destination 2012 by travellers choice award
- After Zahra, Indimi’s son is set to marry again
- 39-year-old dropout owned a clinic at Mushin, Lagos state
- NIGHT LIFE IN ABUJA
- Abubakar Nalaraba Turbaned Sadauki of Lafia
- Celebrating Gombe State At 20