A two-time minister and former Nigerian Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Yusuf Maitama Sule, is dead. He died at the age of 88 years old.
Mr. Sule, also known by his traditional title, Dan masanin Kano, died in the early hours of Monday while on admission at a hospital in Cairo, Egypt.
He was flown to the Egyptian hospital on Saturday after doctors at Kano’s Nasarawa Hospital diagnosed him of pneumonia and chest infection.
According to report by Premium Times, a close associated of the late politician said that Mr. Sule’s remains would be flown to the country on Tuesday and the funeral prayers would take place at Kano Emir’s Palace by 4 p.m.
Mr. Sule was minister of Mines and Power during the first republic administration of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, and was minister for national guidance in 1983.
In 1976, his former student, Murtala Mohammed, appointed him to head a newly established ombudsman body, Public Complaints Commission.
Born in 1929 in the old city of Kano, Mr. Sule was famous for his oratory and flamboyance.
Source: Premium Times
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Fatima Ganduje and Idris Ajimobi
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- President Buhari Returns
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- The Exclusive Wedding Pictures of Nasiru Haladu Danu And Amne Kam-Salem
- Turbanning Ceremony of Alhaji Nasiru Danu as ‘Dan Amana Dutse’
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Zainab and Nuraddeen Tie the Knots
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- The best destination 2012 by travellers choice award
- All you need to know when shopping in Dubai
- Tozali African Fashion and Cultural Week Postponed.
- SEE MORE PHOTOS OF BAUCHI STATE GOVERNOR SON’S WEDDING
- Khadija Kubura Abubakar Weds Shehu Usman Ibrahim
- Bello Shehu and Hauwa Musa Jalo
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Throwback Wedding Pictures of Jigawa State Governor’s Daughter. ( Black & White Dinner)
- AFCON 2017: Cameroon emerge African champions
- Man United Tops Clubs Rich List
- UNICEF pledges $3.3b for children affected by conflicts in 2017
- Sights to Behold in Katsina State
- Anas Ibrahim and Hadiza Balarabe
- Top 5 must-watch Kannywood movies of 2017
- Plateau United remain top of NPFL standings
- Baby born with 4 hands, 3 legs in Kaduna State
- Undeniable Facts about Living in Abuja
- Anatomy of Nigerians Cultural Dishonesty
- The Argument For Buhari
- Bauchi Inauguration