A two-time minister and former Nigerian Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Yusuf Maitama Sule, is dead. He died at the age of 88 years old.
Mr. Sule, also known by his traditional title, Dan masanin Kano, died in the early hours of Monday while on admission at a hospital in Cairo, Egypt.
He was flown to the Egyptian hospital on Saturday after doctors at Kano’s Nasarawa Hospital diagnosed him of pneumonia and chest infection.
According to report by Premium Times, a close associated of the late politician said that Mr. Sule’s remains would be flown to the country on Tuesday and the funeral prayers would take place at Kano Emir’s Palace by 4 p.m.
Mr. Sule was minister of Mines and Power during the first republic administration of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, and was minister for national guidance in 1983.
In 1976, his former student, Murtala Mohammed, appointed him to head a newly established ombudsman body, Public Complaints Commission.
Born in 1929 in the old city of Kano, Mr. Sule was famous for his oratory and flamboyance.
Source: Premium Times
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MOSQUES IN NIGERIA
- Fatima Ganduje and Idris Ajimobi
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- CELEBRITY OF THE WEEK
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- President Buhari Returns
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- KATSTINA EMPIRE, AN ENTHRALLED TOURIST SIGHT.
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Fatima & Jamil Vs Damilola & Oluseun
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- The Exclusive Wedding Pictures of Nasiru Haladu Danu And Amne Kam-Salem
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Turbanning Ceremony of Alhaji Nasiru Danu as ‘Dan Amana Dutse’
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Zainab and Nuraddeen Tie the Knots
- The best destination 2012 by travellers choice award
- All you need to know when shopping in Dubai
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Tozali African Fashion and Cultural Week Postponed.
- Gombe State – Nigeria’s Jewel In the Savannah
- THE PLATINUM WEDDING OF JAMIL MD ABUBAKAR AMD FATIMA ALIKO DANGOTE
- Bello Shehu and Hauwa Musa Jalo
- Khadija Kubura Abubakar Weds Shehu Usman Ibrahim
- SEE MORE PHOTOS OF BAUCHI STATE GOVERNOR SON’S WEDDING
- Throwback Wedding Pictures of Jigawa State Governor’s Daughter. ( Black & White Dinner)
- Man United Tops Clubs Rich List
- Mourinho plans massive clear-out at Man United, set to spare only 7 players
- AFCON 2017: Cameroon emerge African champions
- UNICEF pledges $3.3b for children affected by conflicts in 2017