A 41-year-old man, Sikiru Odejide, has been arrested by Ogun State Police Command for allegedly raping his 13-year-old daughter.
According to report from Premium Times, The Command’s Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, on Sunday told the press that the suspect was arrested following a complaint from the mother of the victim who had been separated from the man years back.
Mr. Oyeyemi said the mother went to Sango Police Station and reported that her daughter came to her house at Ijeshatedo area of Lagos to inform her that the suspect had been having sexual intercourse with her since December 2016 and threatened to kill her if she dared tell anybody about it.
“She further complained to her mother that she could no longer bear the frequent sexual assault from her father hence she decided to inform her mother,” he said.
After the report, the police arrested the suspect.
“The suspect, on interrogation owned up to the commission of the crime but attributed it to the devil’s handwork,” Mr. Oyeyemi said.
He added that the Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, has ordered that the suspect be transferred to Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Labour unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and possible prosecution of the suspect.
Source: Premium Times
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Victim of Valentine’s Day Rape
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- President Buhari Returns
- The Crime We Are All Guilty Of: Child Abuse
- Ahmed Adamu Muazu And Maryam Abbas
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Abdulwahab Alakayi & Binta M. T Usman
- After Zahra, Indimi’s son is set to marry again
- Nigeria: A Once Vibrant Country Dwarfed by Criminals and Rogues
- Tozali Entertainment Gist.
- The Argument For Buhari
- Alh. Umar Gubio Kyari Weds Aisha Baba Ahmed
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- Hon. Ali Isa J.C Opens Empowerment And Constituency Office In Balanga/Billiri.
- Dogara Trains 803 Women, Youth On Agriculture
- Domestic violence: A Scourge of Nigerian Society
- Top Kannywood Actors to Storm Ghana For Sallah
- Tozali two most stylish and romantic couples
- Legendary actor Olu Jacobs clocks 75
- Investigation reveals Man United Star Striker was almost jailed in the US
- Man United Tops Clubs Rich List
- How your Behaviours Affects Your Kids’ Future
- Tips for Raising Adventurous Eaters
- Ways to Handle Difficult In-laws
- Natural ways of inducing Labour