After an extensive deliberation that lasted three days, the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has resolved to embark on an indefinite strike action.
The lecturers’ union held its meeting at the University of Abuja from Friday and has directed all her members against going to teach or involving themselves in any academic activity.
A statement signed by ASUU President, Biodun Ogunyemi, said all means of negotiation had been exploited before the decision on an indefinte strike action was reached.
Although the statement is expected to be made public at a press conference in Abuja on Monday morning, a top member of the union disclosed the resolution of the meeting and content of the statement to PREMIUM TIMES.
ASUU had earlier asked its branches to conduct referendum among members on whether or not an indefinite strike should be called.
The Abuja meeting which ended in the early hours of Monday reviewed the overwhelming position of the branches to proceed on the strike and adopted it.
The lecturers have complained of poor funding of universities, part-payment of salaries of lecturers and the kidnap of two lecturers of the University of Maiduguri by the Boko Haram.
Source: Premium Times
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- President Buhari Returns
- Top Kannywood Actors to Storm Ghana For Sallah
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- SHE Forum Africa 2017: African Women Call to Action
- The Argument For Buhari
- My Promiscuous wife
- PRESS RELEASE: SETTING THE PACE, THE TAFCWA STYLE
- TOP 10 SMALL BUSINESS INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN ABUJA
- Mohammed Amin Musa Weds Hadiza Yusuf Aliyu
- Dealing with body odour
- How to Deal with Mouth Odour
- 10 Good Reasons You Should Not Skip Breakfast
- Truth about Double Egg Yolk
- How to clean your makeup brushes
- Coffee can prevent eye damage
- Should the Guys Always Pay the Bills?
- Benefits of Onion Juice for Hair Growth
- President Barack Obama Farewell Speech
- EASY STEPS FOR PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
- Easy steps for planning your next trip
- Top 5 Kannywood actors of 2017
- Simple and Effective Ways to Prevent Wrinkles
- Step out in the cold shoulder Ankara outfits
- Stylish Ways to Rock the Bell Sleeves
- Guidelines for Your Wedding Day Makeup
- Getting that Flawless Look in Just 5 Minutes
- Fashion tips for plus size ladies
- ABUJA STOOD STILL AS FORMER FCT MINISTER’S SONS TIE THE KNOT TO THEIR HEARTTHROB