The striking university lecturers, ASUU, have agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike.
The agreement comes after 12 hours, 30 minutes of a closed-door meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja.
The leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week.
Biodun Ogunyemi, the national president of ASUU, told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.
“Now we have some concrete proposal that we will take back to our members for consideration,” he said.
On his part, the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.
The meeting started 1:38pm on Thursday the 7th of September 2017 and ended 2:15 a.m. on Friday the 8th of September 2017.
Source: Premium Times
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- President Buhari Returns
- Tuface Vows To Proceed With Protest Despite Police Warning
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Facts about the origin and spread of Boko Haram Insurgency (part two)
- In what ways do you think Nigerian Government can handle the problem of insecurity?
- The Federal Government and implementation of National CONFAB resolutions
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- My Promiscuous wife
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Top Kannywood Actors to Storm Ghana For Sallah
- What do you want the federal government to do in order for 2017 to be better?
- The Safest Place to Sit on a Plane
- DO YOU THINK THE FEDERAL GOVT. WILL IMPLEMENT THE RESOLUTIONS MADE AT THE NATIONAL CONFAB?
- Do you think the Federal Government will implement the resolutions made at the national CONFAB?
- Nigeria And Its Elite Machinations
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Domestic violence: A Scourge of Nigerian Society
- MATRIX INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY, GOMBE
- Dogara Trains 803 Women, Youth On Agriculture
- Aisha Pariya and Aliyu Boya
- Nigerian Governors and Housewives: A Comparative Analysis
- Asmau Yari and NGWF: Leading the War Against Drug Abuse and Early Marriage
- Full Text Of 2face Idibia’s Speech On The Proposed Nationwide Protest And A New Date For The Protest
- University of Maiduguri bomb blast: The school will not be closed says VC
- Fall in oil price and its effect on our economy
- Mambilla – The Coldest Plateau in Nigeria
- What are your expectations from the next President of Nigeria?
- Anatomy of Nigerians Cultural Dishonesty
- The Gambia! Vice President Controversy.
- 10 Good Reasons You Should Not Skip Breakfast
- The Job of Parents: When does it End?
- A LIFE FULL OF REGRET
- Fuel Price Hike/Subsidy Removal: No Pain, No Gain