The striking university lecturers, ASUU, have agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike.
The agreement comes after 12 hours, 30 minutes of a closed-door meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja.
The leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week.
Biodun Ogunyemi, the national president of ASUU, told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.
“Now we have some concrete proposal that we will take back to our members for consideration,” he said.
On his part, the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.
The meeting started 1:38pm on Thursday the 7th of September 2017 and ended 2:15 a.m. on Friday the 8th of September 2017.
Source: Premium Times
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Important Facts You Should Know About June 12
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- President Buhari Returns
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Tuface Vows To Proceed With Protest Despite Police Warning
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- In what ways do you think Nigerian Government can handle the problem of insecurity?
- My Promiscuous wife
- The Federal Government and implementation of National CONFAB resolutions
- Top Kannywood Actors to Storm Ghana For Sallah
- The Argument For Buhari
- What do you want the federal government to do in order for 2017 to be better?
- Facts about the origin and spread of Boko Haram Insurgency (part two)
- The Safest Place to Sit on a Plane
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Nigeria And Its Elite Machinations
- Do you think the Federal Government will implement the resolutions made at the national CONFAB?
- DO YOU THINK THE FEDERAL GOVT. WILL IMPLEMENT THE RESOLUTIONS MADE AT THE NATIONAL CONFAB?
- Dogara Trains 803 Women, Youth On Agriculture
- Mambilla – The Coldest Plateau in Nigeria
- Domestic violence: A Scourge of Nigerian Society
- Signals Lecturers Give To Lure Students Into Sex
- Nigerian Governors and Housewives: A Comparative Analysis
- Fall in oil price and its effect on our economy
- Full Text Of 2face Idibia’s Speech On The Proposed Nationwide Protest And A New Date For The Protest