The police in Ogun State have arrested a 40-year-old man, Ezekiel Adegbenga, for allegedly raping his neighbour’s seven-year old daughter.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, told PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday that the suspect allegedly committed the crime at Olufunmi Ajayi Street in Iyana Ilogbo-Ota town of the state.
“Forty-year old Ezekiel Adegbenga has been arrested by the men of Ogun State Police Command for having unlawful carnal knowledge of a seven-year old girl,” Mr. Oyeyemi said.
He said the suspect was arrested following a complaint by the mother of the victim at Sango Police Station.
The mother alleged that the suspect, who is her neighbour, lured the victim into his room under the pretense of sending her on an errand and had carnal knowledge of her while the parents were away at work.
“Upon her complaint, the DPO, SP Akinsola Ogunwale, detailed detectives to the scene where the suspect was promptly arrested,” Mr. Oyeyemi said.
He said the suspect confessed to the crime after he was confronted by the victim.
Mr. Oyeyemi said the state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, had directed that the suspect be transferred to the Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and prosecution.
Source: Premium Times
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Victim of Valentine’s Day Rape
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- The Crime We Are All Guilty Of: Child Abuse
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- President Buhari Returns
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- How your Behaviours Affects Your Kids’ Future
- Tips for Raising Adventurous Eaters
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- After Zahra, Indimi’s son is set to marry again
- Ahmed Adamu Muazu And Maryam Abbas
- I Thought Marriage Was the Solution
- Texting tips every girl needs to know
- Nigeria: A Once Vibrant Country Dwarfed by Criminals and Rogues
- Laugh Out Loud With These Jokes
- The Argument For Buhari
- Alh. Umar Gubio Kyari Weds Aisha Baba Ahmed
- A LIFE FULL OF REGRET
- The First Lady Syndrome in Nigeria
- Top Kannywood Actors to Storm Ghana For Sallah
- How you can tell when a guy is interested in you
- Must have accessories for men
- Legendary actor Olu Jacobs clocks 75
- TECHNIQUES THAT WILL HELPS YOUR CHILD EAT
- Natural ways of inducing Labour
- The Bonds of Motherhood
- How to boost your milk supply
- Ways to Handle Difficult In-laws