Sport News

0
3884

Top European Club Sack Manager, Appoints former player as new Coach

Seria A giants, AC Milan, have sacked manager Vincenzo Montella following the poor performances of the Rossoneri this season and replaced him with former midfielder Gennaro Gattuso. The Seria A giant after a huge summer spending found themselves seventh in the table after recording just three wins in their last 10 games. The San Siro outfit confirm the transfer via a tweet on their official twitter handle which read: “#ACMilan announce to have parted ways with @VMontella”. Management of the first team is entrusted to Gennaro Gattuso, who leaves his position as Primavera coach and to whom we wish the best of luck” The club went ahead to release a press statement after axing Montella which read: “AC Milan announces the exemption of Vincenzo Montella from the post of coach of the first team. “Montella is most appreciated thanks to the work done so far with his staff for commitment, seriousness and professional fairness. “The technical management of the team is entrusted to Gennaro Gattuso, who leaves his post as Primavera coach, and to whom AC Milan offers the warmest wishes for good work.” The match between Milan and Torino on Sunday, November 26, had been billed as a must-win for the former striker but his team again struggled and could only muster a goalless draw. Speaking after the game, Montella said: “I think the team is improving although we still miss the last step. “The fans backed us during the whole game. I and the team need to accept the boos and whistles after a 0-0 draw at San Siro. Montella is the next high profile manager that lost his job after West Brom fire Tony Pulis after Chelsea trashed his side 4-0 in front of their home fans.

Arsenal and Liverpool in serious fight over the signing of top German Star
Arsenal and their Premier League rivals Liverpool are reportedly ready to battle it out for the signing of Paris-Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxier. The Gunners and the Reds are said to be monitoring the German star who has found it hard this season for regular starts at the French club. And according to the report by UK Sun, these two Premier League clubs will go head to head in January 2018 for the signature of the 24-year-old winger. Draxler is regarded as one of the best wide players in Europe and has lived up to that billing since swapping Wolfsburg for PSG. But the arrivals of Brazilian star Neymar and Frenchman Kylian Mbappe has made regular games difficult for Julian Draxier and PSG are also reportedly ready to sell him next year.

Real Madrid star Gareth Bale wants American Pop star Beyoncé to perform at his wedding at the whipping sum of £1.5 million (#720 million)
Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale wants American pop star Beyoncé for his wedding with his longtime girlfriend Emma Rhys-Jones but would have to shell out £1.5 million according to reports. The wedding is due to take place in Italy and was delayed after Rhys-Jones’ father was imprisoned for fraud in the United States of America. Bale, 28, already have two daughters with Rhys but the pair are preparing for a grand-style wedding to take place in both Wales and Italy. Beyoncé is said to command a staggering £1.5 million for private appearances but £300,000-a-week Bale appears to be keen on entering negotiations.

Lionel Messi says Barcelona are better without Neymar
Argentine maestro Lionel Messi believes Barcelona do not miss Brazil superstar Neymar after his world record move to French side Paris Saint Germain. The Argentine star, who just signed a new deal at Barca, told Marca: “Neymar’s departure has caused the way we play to change. “We lost a great deal of offensive potential but it favoured us in a defensive sense. “Currently we are most well-armed in the middle of the field, we have more balance and that makes us stronger defensively.” Ousmane Dembele, who was brought in to replace Neymar, has spent most of the season on the sidelines because of injury. The former Borussia Dortmund man is widely regarded as a star of the future and should give the side a major boost when he returns. Messi and his team-mates are yet to lose a league fixture and have only conceded four goals and the 0-0 draw in Turin against Juventus ensured qualification for the next round of the Champions League.

 

By Mercy Kukah

Related Articles