Getting the perfect cat eye looking can be quite tricky and difficult to achieve but it’s actually easy when you follow the right process using the right cosmetic products. The perfect cat eyeliner is ever fashionable, very flattering for most eye shapes and delivers a sultry, mysterious look even when the rest of your makeup remains low key. You can use any colour pencil or gel eye liner to achieve this look.
The cat eye look gives a lady an instant fierce look without doing much makeup. For a polished look and for when you need one signature to stand your make you stand apart then you needs to make it bolder and drawn neatly. In order to achieve and nail the cat eye look or winged eyeliner, here are 6 easy steps to achieving the perfect cat eye.
- Draw a thin slightly upward line outside the corner of the eye. Starting at the middle of you upper lid, begin drawing a line as close to your lashes as possible. This line determines the width of your eye liner, to create a dramatic look make this line thick, or create a thin line for a more subtle look. Creating a straight line requires a bit of practice. You can either draw a single-stroke line or many short strokes.
- Draw a line from the top of the eyelid to meet the drawn line in Step starting from the inner corner of your eye and moving towards the line you just drew to draw a fine line.
- Extend the liner to go all through the eyelid in a thin line (slightly thicker than the previous ones draw in steps 1 and 2). To create your eyeliner wing, draw a line starting from the last lash
outwards. You can now decide the length & angle to your eye liner.
- Fill in the space left with the line drawn to meet in steps 1 and 2. After drawing your wing, draw a line back to your upper lash line. This should create an empty triangle on your upper lid. To make your eyeliner thick, draw a bigger triangle, ending at the middle part of your lash line. For a more subtle look, draw a small triangle that finishes in your outer corner.
- Colour in the triangle with your pencil.
- Finish off this sexy look with 2-3 coats of lengthening, thickening black mascara.
You are good to go after you follow these due processes. You might not get it the first time you try it, but as it is “said practice makes perfect”. Keep trying it until you nail the subtle but daring look.
By Pupwaya Timothy Dibal