Onion juice helps stimulate your scalp while nourishing it and boosting blood circulation. It also controls and maintains the health of the scalp ensuring that the hair grows thick and fast. Considering the amount of time the hair takes to grow back, it would be right to say growing the hair is an excruciating task and hard to keep up.
Growing your hair does require a lot of patience, but it also doesn’t have to be as painful. Using growth-stimulating ingredients like onion can help boost the rate at which your hair grows while also adding volume. Using onion juice is a sure-shot method to boosting hair growth and promoting hair regrowth. Onion juice for hair growth has received great reviews from users with noticeable before and after results.
Here are some possible reasons behind what makes this ingredient so effective:
- Onion juice helps improve hair growth by boosting the level of an antioxidant enzyme catalase. This enzyme helps decompose hydrogen peroxide, optimizing the hair growth cycle.
- It helps nourish your hair follicles with its rich content of sulfur which is essential for the regeneration of hair follicles.
- The rich sulfur content also helps minimize hair thinning and breakage.
- The antioxidants help reverse premature graying.
- Onion’s rich antibacterial properties help keep your scalp healthy and free of infection, promoting unhindered hair growth. These same properties also help control dandruff.
- Onion juice stimulates your scalp and improves the circulation of blood, resulting in it follicles that are well-nourished.
How to Make Onion Rinse for Hair Growth
- Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces.
- Squeeze the juice out. To extract the juice, you can use a food processor, a blender, a grater or a juicer.
- Massage the juice into your scalp or cover the bald patches.
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes or longer if you can tolerate the smell and then wash out using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the onion juice treatment daily to encourage hair regrowth. If you apply onion juice to your scalp for the first time, test it on a small area first to make sure you are not allergic to it.