A family of five died under mysterious circumstances on Wednesday night at Old Aiyepe road in Sagamu area of Ogun state. The family included the father, mother, three children and a family friend.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that the family had just moved from their rented apartment into their own property, but died on their very first night in the house.
The house was suspected to have been fumigated with “killer chemical.” One of the sympathisers who accompanied the corpses to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, said that the house owner, a borehole driller by profession, had just spent a night in the new house with his family.
The sympthasiser, who identified himself simply as Tony, said that they perceived a foul odour on Thursday morning, which attracted them to the house. According to him, neighbours around raised the alarm which attracted the attention of the Police.Their remains have since been evacuated and taken to the mortuary. Hundreds of sympathisers besieged the Accident and Emergency Unit of the OOUTH, wailing uncontrollably over the unfortunate incident.
The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent of Police, AbimbolaOyeyemi, confirmed the incident, adding that the Police would get to the root
of the matter. Oyeyemi said that investigation into the matter had commenced in order to unravel the cause of death.
Mother Suffocates Newborn Baby In Sokoto
Police in Sokoto have arrested one 19-year-old Munirat Bagana, an indigene of Zuru
Local Government Area of Kebbi State, who allegedly suffocated her newborn baby boy. Munirat, a student of Sokoto State School of Health Technology, Gwadabawa, was arrested on Monday after dumping the dead baby in a dust bin.
She however denied killing the baby, claiming that she had a still birth and the dead
baby was a premature. The Sokoto State police command PPRO, ASP Cordelia Nwawe, who paraded the suspect before newsmen, said that she would soon be charged after investigation is concluded.
By Mercy Kukah
- Nigeria Ranked 3rd In Open Defecation Globally
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Girl Buried Two Years Ago Allegedly Returns Home
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Legendary Nigerian Musician Ras Kimono is Dead
- Ways to prevent kids from domestic accident
- Friend Of Lady Who Allegedly Jumped From 3rd Mainland Bridge Finally Speaks
- Important Facts You Should Know About June 12
- I Stabbed Him In Self-Defense – Teacher Who Allegedly Stabbed Husband to Death Says
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- The Crime We Are All Guilty Of: Child Abuse
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- 5 Natural ways to keep Spiders out of your home
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- 5 Misconceptions About Stay-At-Home Dads
- MY BOARDING-HOUSE EXPERIENCE
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Ahmed Adamu Muazu And Maryam Abbas
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- 5 Things to Do Before House Hunting in Abuja
- As parents, what has being your most challenging task in raising you children?
- Interracial Relationships
- UNICEF pledges $3.3b for children affected by conflicts in 2017
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Undeniable Facts about Living in Abuja
- Use Flowers to Beautify Your Surroundings (Using flowers as aesthetics)
- Reasons you should never date your friend’s sister.
- Nigeria Olubayode Olawunmi Breaks Guinness record in the longest marathon reading aloud contest.
- 39-year-old dropout owned a clinic at Mushin, Lagos state
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Trump withdraws U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- The Bonds of Motherhood
- The pathetic state of roads in Nigeria
- Hon. Ali Isa J.C Opens Empowerment And Constituency Office In Balanga/Billiri.
- Dogara Trains 803 Women, Youth On Agriculture
- 10 ways overseas travel makes couples stronger
- How to nail the ‘cat eye’ looks
- Fitfam! Stage 1, nutrition
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Legendary actor Olu Jacobs clocks 75
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Turbanning Ceremony of Alhaji Nasiru Danu as ‘Dan Amana Dutse’
- Popular Nollywood Actress Returns Bride Price After 14 Years of Marriage
- After Zahra, Indimi’s son is set to marry again
- How your Behaviours Affects Your Kids’ Future
- 6 Interesting Ways Technology Has Transformed Travel
- You and Your Self-esteem
- CELEBRITY OF THE WEEK
- ZONE REALITY
- Ways to Handle Difficult In-laws
- Laugh Out Loud With These Jokes
- Tips for Raising Adventurous Eaters
- How to boost your milk supply