A 28-year-old mother, Miracle Johnson, has been arrested by operatives of the Edo state police command for allegedly selling her six-week-old baby. Police commissioner, Johnson Kokumo, said the suspect sold the baby to an orphanage in Onitsha for N200,000 and used some part of the money to buy a mobile phone.
The Punch reports that Miracle, a mother of two, blamed her action on frustration and the inability of her husband to take care of her and her other children. She said: “My baby was born on July 2. I sold her due to frustration.
My husband was just struggling (to provide for us). My friend (Mama Joy) said that since my husband was not taking care of me, if I did it (sold the baby), I could give the money to my husband to start a business or buy a motorcycle.
“Two weeks later, she came back. I did not know what happened to me. So, I carried a bag, picked some things and left. I sold her to an orphanage in Onitsha. The orphanage bought the child for N200,000. I just bought only a phone; I did not want to buy it, but she (Mama Joy) forced me to do so. “I told my pastor what I did and that it was a mistake for which I would never forgive myself.
So, my husband and I went to a police station to report. I know what I did was not good. I pray that my child will forgive me.” Her husband, Johnson Omovuokpor, expressed anger that his wife went ahead with her plan, in spite of his disapproval. The husband said: “When she told me about her plan, I told her to forget about it and exercise patience.
On that day, I took my motorcycle out for repairs. When I went back home to get some money, I saw my first daughter with my neighbour. “When I asked about my wife’s whereabouts, I was told that she went out with a bag, saying that she was going to buy something.
So,I remembered what she said she wanted to do with the baby. When she called me later in the afternoon to tell me that she had sold the baby, I cursed her and ended the call. I became confused afterwards and could not do anything for the rest of that day.”
The commissioner of police said the baby would be rescued and the mother and buyers would be charged to court. He said: “It is an act against laws of the land.
BY STEPHANIE ERDOO HEMEN
- WHY I HAD SEX WITH MY MOTHER’S CORPS, SAID AN 18 YEAR OLD TEENAGER.
- MAN SEALS BABY’S EYES,MOUTH WITH SUPER GLUE
- The Bonds of Motherhood
- MY BOARDING-HOUSE EXPERIENCE
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Family Of Five, Family Friend Dies After Moving Into New Apartment
- PASTOR RAPES CHURCH MEMBER’S TWIN DAUGHTERS IN LAGOS.
- MAN CUTS OFF COUSIN’S PENIS IN NIGER STATE
- POLICE NAB A 62 YEAR OLD MAN FOR FINGERING A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL FOR HIS SEXUAL PLEAUSRE
- 55-Year-Old Woman Throws Grandchild Into Well To Teach Daughter-In-Law Lesson
- We Raped Corpse Of Our Victim, Ate Her Flesh – Ritualists
- PASTOR ARRESTED FOR SEXUALLY HARASSING HIS HOUSE MAID.
- Girl Buried Two Years Ago Allegedly Returns Home
- Legendary Nigerian Musician Ras Kimono is Dead
- How ‘Amala’ killed four family members in Kwara
- Ways to Simplify Your Financial Life
- The Stranger
- HOW TO KNOW YOUR BABY LOVES YOU
- How to boost your milk supply
- TWO NUNS STOLE $500,000 FROM A CHURCH DONATION ACCOUNT.
- 2 NIGERIAN WOMEN REPORTEDLY KILLED BY THEIR EMPLOYERS IN SAUDI ARABIA.
- Important Facts You Should Know About June 12
- Nigeria Ranked 3rd In Open Defecation Globally
- Friend Of Lady Who Allegedly Jumped From 3rd Mainland Bridge Finally Speaks
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- 5 Must have Breastfeeding essentials
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Tozali Entertainment Gist.
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Why talking to your baby is very important
- Some Unknown Dangers of Allowing Your Child to Use Mobile Gadgets
- THINK GSM VILLAGE ABUJA,THINK MOBILE PHONES AND GADGETS!
- FLAWS OF CARRYING A BIG BAG
- MUST HAVE ACCESSORIES
- Essential tips for rainy season
- Health Hazards in Your Handbag
- Baby born with 4 hands, 3 legs in Kaduna State
- YOU AND YOUR CHILD
- The Stranger
- Wife demand divorce from husband that loves her more than his own mum
- SIGNS YOUR PARTNER IS READY TO SETTLE BUT YOU ARE NOT
- Laugh Out Loud With These Jokes
- Chemicals and toxins to avoid when buying baby products
- Tips for Raising Adventurous Eaters
- When to introduce solids to your baby
- Natural ways of inducing Labour
- Why Yoga is important during Pregnancy
- Take a tour to Delta State