The striking university lecturers, ASUU, have agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike.
The agreement comes after 12 hours, 30 minutes of a closed-door meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja.
The leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week.
Biodun Ogunyemi, the national president of ASUU, told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.
“Now we have some concrete proposal that we will take back to our members for consideration,” he said.
On his part, the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.
The meeting started 1:38pm on Thursday the 7th of September 2017 and ended 2:15 a.m. on Friday the 8th of September 2017.
Source: Premium Times
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Important Facts You Should Know About June 12
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- President Buhari Returns
- REASON WHY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI REFUSED TO SACK MINISTERS
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Tuface Vows To Proceed With Protest Despite Police Warning
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- Atiku’s Dance With National Interest
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- In what ways do you think Nigerian Government can handle the problem of insecurity?
- My Promiscuous wife
- Top Kannywood Actors to Storm Ghana For Sallah
- The Argument For Buhari
- The Federal Government and implementation of National CONFAB resolutions
- What do you want the federal government to do in order for 2017 to be better?
- Facts about the origin and spread of Boko Haram Insurgency (part two)
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- The Safest Place to Sit on a Plane
- Nigeria And Its Elite Machinations
- DO YOU THINK THE FEDERAL GOVT. WILL IMPLEMENT THE RESOLUTIONS MADE AT THE NATIONAL CONFAB?
- Do you think the Federal Government will implement the resolutions made at the national CONFAB?
- Dogara Trains 803 Women, Youth On Agriculture
- Mambilla – The Coldest Plateau in Nigeria
- Domestic violence: A Scourge of Nigerian Society
- Nigerian Governors and Housewives: A Comparative Analysis
- Signals Lecturers Give To Lure Students Into Sex
- Full Text Of 2face Idibia’s Speech On The Proposed Nationwide Protest And A New Date For The Protest