The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Kaduna Zonal Office has intercepted an undeclared sum of N49 million at the Kaduna International Airport.
According to Premium Times, Ibrahim Bappa, the Kaduna zonal head of the EFCC, while addressing journalists on Tuesday in Kaduna, said the money was stashed in five large 150 kilogramme coloured sacks following an intelligence report received by the zone.
He said during a routine baggage screening of supposed check-in baggage, the five bags were sighted unattended to and without tags, “containing fresh bulk items suspected to be money from the aroma perceived from the sack.
“The owner of the money later showed up but couldn’t state the exact money in the sack or present any document authenticating the genesis of the money.
“However, his inability to give any concrete explanation made him become uncomfortable and he disappeared into thin air before the arrival of EFCC operatives,” the zonal head said.
Mr. Bappa said the operatives later found out that the suspect had fled the airport vicinity leaving the sacks behind.
He said upon scrutiny of the contents of the sack, it was discovered that they contained fresh crispy naira notes of N200 denomination in 200 bundles totalling N40 million and N50 denomination in 180 bundles totalling N9 million.
The bundles had seals that showed they may have emanated from the Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company.
“Investigation into the case is on top gear with a view to identifying owner and apprehending all those behind the crimes,” he added.
The Kaduna airport has become busy since the federal government last week closed the Abuja airport. All air passengers travelling to and from Abuja have to use the Kaduna airport for the next six weeks.
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- Nigeria: A Once Vibrant Country Dwarfed by Criminals and Rogues
- FIVE GIRLS, TEN YAHOO BOYS, ARRESTED IN PORT HARCOURT
- Baby born with 4 hands, 3 legs in Kaduna State
- Alh. Umar Gubio Kyari Weds Aisha Baba Ahmed
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- Gombe: On The Cusp of Economic Transformation
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Naira Marley is small boy, go after looters of Nigeria’s treasury – Daddy Showkey blasts EFCC
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- President Buhari Returns
- Ways to Simplify Your Financial Life
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Motivational Quotes
- MAN CUTS OFF COUSIN’S PENIS IN NIGER STATE
- Inspirational Quotes Thursday
- Lemon juice the best cleaning detergent
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- 55-Year-Old Woman Throws Grandchild Into Well To Teach Daughter-In-Law Lesson
- CELEBRITY OF THE WEEK
- Laugh Out Loud With These Jokes
- DRAMA AS MOTHER SELLS BABY TO BUY PHONE IN EDO STATE.
- ALL ABOUT NNAMDI AZIKIWE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- The Argument For Buhari
- Essential Guide to Building Your Own Brand as an SME
- Preparing for your first flight experience.
- The Safest Place to Sit on a Plane
- MOTIVATIONS THAT DRIVE PEOPLE INTO ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
- Teaching your kids financial intelligence
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- CREATING VALUE THROUGH INNOVATION: NITDA THROUGH ITS SUBSIDIARY OIIE MAKING GIANT STRIDES IN THE TECHNOLOGY ECOSYSTEM.
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- ATIKU IS NOT COMING BACK!!!
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Petrol tanker crashes on Abuja-Lokoja express way, death toll said to be five