There are a lot of benefits in staying physically fit. You will have more energy, you will look great and you will notice improvements in your overall health. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to stay in great shape. However, if you focus on nutrition and exercise, you can make a lot of healthy physical changes. Don’t forget that a positive attitude is also really important to staying fit and beautifully healthy. Getting into the habit of eating well and working out consistently is very difficult. Staying healthy and fit is even harder. Until you get into a good rhythm and form healthy habits, it can be challenging to figure out how to stay at your physical best without obsessing over it. Have you ever gone out and people kept on staring at you and you wonder why? You might be thinking am I over dress for this occasion or is my outfit not beautiful? The answer is no. They might be staring at you because you couldn’t control your appetite despite the fact that you are overweight. Did you ever wake up one morning to try this beautiful gown or shirt and you noticed that you couldn’t fit in? The reason is right there staring at you in the face; you have added too much weight. Do you want to be fit and slay in that beautiful outfit you spotted in that boutique by the road side? Guess what! You don’t have to lose weight and be like those skinny models that the wind can blow away. All you need is maintain your curves, keep fit and look beautiful. Here are some easy habits that can help you stay healthy and fit:
1. Find time to exercise: Never make the excuse that you don’t have the time to exercise. Exercise is one of the most important aspects in staying (or becoming) fit and healthy. Experts recommend that you should aim to be active for at least 30 minutes per day. Try scheduling your exercise the same way that you schedule other appointments and commitments. Go to the gym, jog in the morning and evening on weekends for more effective results that you have always wanted.
2. Make it a habit:You will see the most benefits from exercise if you do it regularly. One good way to make a habit stick is to pick a form of exercise that you enjoy. For example, if you like going to the gym every weekend, make it a point. Make it easy to stick to your routine. Try setting out your workout clothes and your gym bag the night before. That way, you are all set to head out the door in the morning.
3. Be social: If you involve other people in your exercise routine, you will see a positive impact in your results. Finding a workout buddy can help with accountability. If you schedule an activity with a friend, you are less likely to cancel than if you were only cancelling on yourself. Group exercise classes also offer benefits. In classes, instructors can offer encouraging words. They can also motivate you and correct your form to make sure that you are doing each move safely and effectively. Don’t just lazy about all day at home watching a television show.
4. Eat right: Do you eat pizza in the morning, take ice cream in the afternoon then have a heavy pounded yam and egusi soup at night? Then stop it. Eating right has a lot of benefits. It will help you maintain a healthy weight, improve your skin, and give you more energy. One of the best ways to eat a healthy diet is to cook your own food. Reports show that people who cook their own meals consume lower levels of sugar and fats. Cooking with fresh foods also helps you to eat fewer processed foods, which typically have high sodium levels. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables and take lots of water.
5. Talk to your doctor: You can plan a general, healthy diet for yourself. But if you have any special concerns about your weight or overall health, it’s a great idea to consult your doctor. She can help you figure out the foods that will help you meet your fitness goals, whether it is maintaining your current fitness levels or losing weight. Your doctor can also help you figure out which foods to avoid. For example, if you suffer from high blood pressure, your doctor will likely recommend a reduced sodium diet.
6. Build a positive body image: Mental health is an important part of feeling fit and beautifully healthy. It can be hard to have a positive body image when we are intimidated with pictures of very thin actresses and models. But there are ways you can learn to feel good about yourself, no matter your shape. A positive body image will help you stay motivated to eat healthy and work out. Find something you like about your looks and make that your focus. For example, if you have been running a lot lately, compliment yourself on how strong your legs are looking.
7. Focus on how you feel: Body image is all about how you feel and about how you look. So try to focus on positive feelings. Focus on the good things your body does for you, like give you the energy to go to the gym. When you feel healthy, you will also feel more fit and beautiful. Don’t worry about the numbers on the scale. Instead, focus on how strong you feel and how your clothes fit.
8. Don’t compare yourself to others: It can be tempting to judge yourself based on how other people look. But experts say that comparing yourself to others can be damaging. For instance, it can lower your sense of self-worth. That can lead to lower self-esteem, and lower energy levels. Make your own goals. Trying to look like someone else isn’t going to help you achieve your goals. Instead, assess your fitness level by noting if you have made improvements and if you can see and feel a difference in your body. Forget what people say but rather love yourself, feel great, be beautiful and fit.