· Corn flour
· Clarified butter
· Yellow food colour
INGREDIENTS FOR SYRUP
FOR THE SUGAR SYRUP
1. Start by making the sugar syrup. Place your sugar and water on low heat till the sugar melts and start to become thick but not caramelized, then remove and set aside.
FOR THE DOUGH
1. Mix all the ingredients to form a smooth paste that is not too thick nor too watery.
2. Set your paste aside for 15 mins to rest.
3. Then pour it into an empty jar of squeezing ketchup.
4. Heat your oil till it’s hot gently, then gently squeeze the paste into the oil forming spiral shape.
5. Fry till golden brown, remove and drain for 5-10 minutes
6. Transfer it into the sugar syrup, coating both sides of the jalebi for at least 2 mins.
7. Place in a paper towel or foil paper and serve.
BY: FIRDAUSI MUSA DANTSOHO