beans 2 cups
red bell pepper tatasai 4 pieces
2 medium onions
2 tablespoon of crayfish
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
3 seasoning cubes
3 boiled eggs
cooked minced fish
2 habanero atarugu (small pepper)
1. Soak your beans until the skin falls out.
2. You either pound the beans with pestle and mortar or you use your blender in other to break the beans, so that the skin will fall off.
3. Pour the beans back into a bowl and fill it with water.
4. Pour off the skin into a sieve and repeat the process until the beans is free of skin.
5. Add your onion red bell pepper, habanero, cray fish, and onion inside your clean peeled beans and grind till it’s a smooth paste.
6. Pour your smooth beans paste into a bowl.
7. Add your seasoning cubes,curry, thyme, cooked minced fish,salt and some vegetable oil and stir together until all the ingredients are well combined.
8. Grease your aluminium pan with vegetable oil and pour in the mixture and drop your slice or full boiled egg on it.
9. Cover your aluminium foil paper with a foil paper making sure it is tightly sealed.
10. In a pot put a cup of water and arrange the moimoi in it carefully, cover and allow to steam for an hour adding water when necessary.
11. Your moimoi is ready enjoy.
BY: FIRDAUSI MUSA DANTSOHO