Five persons were burnt to death after a petrol tanker crashed and went up in flames on Wednesday evening at Gada-Biyu village, on Abuja-Lokoja express way.
It was gathered that the tanker with registration number NCH 220 XB lost control and rammed into two other vehicles.
A witness simply identified as Yunusa, said the incident happened at about 5:07p.m. When the tanker, coming from Lokoja axis, lost control and rammed into a Golf car with registration number BAS 304 AA and a Mitsubishi Dynna bus with registration number LSD 804 XQ.
He said the tanker crashed on the Golf car, in which five people were trapped and burnt beyond recognition.
“But the tanker driver and his conductor, including the driver of the Dynna truck were able to escape before the fire went beyond control,” he said
He said the burnt corpses were later evacuated by men of the Abaji unit command of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC).
Before arrival of fire fighters from Abaji, the fire from the tanker was raving.
It was reported that due to the commotion cause by the tanker crash, two persons were also injured in another accident that occurred at the same scene, after a Mercedes Benz truck with registration number KUJ 273 XA. The driver and a passenger who sustained serious injuries were taken to hospital by the rescue team of the FRSC.
When contacted, the Abaji unit commander of the FRSC, Assistant Corps Commander, Olasupo A. Esuruoso, confirmed the incidents. He attributed the accidents to over speeding, saying the five burnt corpses have been deposited at Abaji General Hospital mortuary.
- President Buhari Returns
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Former Minister of Health Is Dead
- Aisha Buhari returns from UK, speaks about President’s health
- Elder Statesman Maitama Sule is Dead
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Man arrested in Ogun for allegedly raping 7-year-old girl
- Scores killed, many injured as fighter jet misfires
- The Safest Place to Sit on a Plane
- ASUU Strike: Lecturers reach agreement with Nigerian government
- Father arrested for serially raping own 13-year-old daughter
- Sports Minister Dalung loses wife
- Buhari suspends SGF, NIA boss
- Man arrested for raping friend’s 8-year-old daughter
- The Impending Criminal Trial of Maryam Sanda over the Death of Bilyaminu Bello Halilu: The Legal Scenario
- Eid El-Fitr Celebration: Muslims to look for new moon Saturday
- Airlines resume flights as Abuja airport reopens
- 50-year-old man allegedly raped 15 months old girl in Bayelsa.
- Man jailed 10 years for defiling 10-year-old girl.
- Many killed as suicide bomber attack Adamawa mosque
- Ambode Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers
- Suspected ritualists wiped out family, take out pregnant woman’s unborn baby
- Breaking News: ASUU set for nationwide indefinite strike
- Man, 50, docked for allegedly raping 9-year-old
- 4 year old girl sold for N350, 000 recused
- China Donates N60 Million to Aisha Buhari’s Project
- Former EFCC boss, Farida Waziri loses husband
- Police arrest man for cutting off penis of nine-month-old boy
- World Economics Declares Nigeria Out of Recession
- Kidnapping: Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Crime
- Does the EFCC Chairman have the backing of the President?
- 42-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex with Goat in Katsina
- Rape of Minors: A Growing Menace
- Atiku to emerge as new Waziri Adamawa, son takes over as Turakin
- Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly
- Essential grooming tips for men
- Ways to handle a difficult Spouse
- MMM Nigeria is back
- The Argument For Buhari
- Atiku’s Dance With National Interest
- Gombe: On The Cusp of Economic Transformation
- EFCC intercepted N49 million at Kaduna airport
- CREATING VALUE THROUGH INNOVATION: NITDA THROUGH ITS SUBSIDIARY OIIE MAKING GIANT STRIDES IN THE TECHNOLOGY ECOSYSTEM.
- ATIKU IS NOT COMING BACK!!!
- VIP MINERS: Be an Honoured Gold Investor
- The Tale of a Betrayed Bride
- SHOCK AS 39-YEAR-OLD MAN DIVORCES WIFE FOR SEX DOLL IN BOTSWANA
- Ways to Simplify Your Financial Life
- ZONE REALITY
- Drones kill 12 militants in Yemen
- How to handle Teenage Crisis
- Remarkable ways to Communicate with your baby in the womb
- To Mark International Women’s Day, Here Are Great Quotes from Inspirational Women
- Investigation reveals Man United Star Striker was almost jailed in the US
- Man United Tops Clubs Rich List
- Trump withdraws U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Plateau United remain top of NPFL standings
- UNICEF pledges $3.3b for children affected by conflicts in 2017
- Chelsea legend Drogba to call it quit on his football career
- Man United named most valuable club by Forbes