MARCOS ALONSO SIGNS CONTRACT TO REMAIN WITH ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD.
The Spain defender has been rewarded for helping Chelsea to the Premier League title and FA Cup over the last two seasons. Marcos Alonso has agreed to a new five-year contract with Chelsea that will keep him tied down to the club until 2023, the Premier League side have announced.
The Spain defender, who only made his international debut earlier this year has been one of Chelsea’s standout players since joining the team in 2016 from Fiorentina, helping the Blues to the Premier League title in his first year with the club as well as last season’s FA Cup.
In his words he said:
“I am so happy to stay here longer and to keep playing for one of the best teams in the world,” Alonso said on Wednesday morning.
“It’s been a very good two seasons and I am looking forward to more.”
PEP GUARDIOLA SAYS MANCHESTER CITY’S WIN AGAINST SHAKHTAR DONETSK WAS THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF HIS REIGN.
Goals from David Silva, Aymeric Laporte and Bernardo Silva at the Metalist Stadium in Kharkiv swept City to the top of Group.
Manchester City avenged last season’s defeat to Shaktar Donetsk Pep Guardiola felt Manchester City played the best football of his reign as they secured a commanding 3-0 victory over Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League. Goals from David Silva, Aymeric Laporte and Bernardo Silva at the Metalist Stadium in Kharkiv swept City to the top of Group F.
David Silva also hit the woodwork twice and Raheem Sterling thumped a shot against the bar in injury time as City, who registered 24 shots, completely dominated what had been a potentially tricky game.
BY SOPHIE AIGBOMIAN.
- CHELSEA COACH REACTS AFTER MAN CITY HUMILIATION.
- CONFIRMED DEAL FOR TOP 6 CLUBS AHEAD OF DEADLINE
- ARSENAL TO PLAY FRIENDLY AHEAD CHELSEA CLASH
- ROBERTO MARTINEZ RULES OUT SELF FROM REAL MADRID VACANT HEAD COACH POSITION
- MAN UNITED LOST TO MANCHESTER CITY IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURE.
- MAURIZIO SARRI: CHELSEA MANAGER TAKES BLAME FOR BOURNEMOUTH DEFEAT.
- TAKE A TOUR TO BENIN CITY
- The Reason Why Everyone Love London
- Beautiful Reasons to Move to Abuja.
- THE FIVE MUST VISIT PLACES TO VISIT IN NIGERIA
- ENJOY ABUJA, FEEL THE ALLURING NIGHT LIFE
- Why Experts Say The Cities Industry Had Gone Way Too Far
- 5 Northern Cities every Nigerian should visit
- R9 RONALDO MENTION FIVE PLAYERS HE ENJOY WATCHING
- Arsenal confirm the signing of Gabonese striker Aubameyang
- JURGEN KLOPP: LIVERPOOL MANAGER CHARGED WITH MISCONDUCT FOR DERBY CELEBRATION
- JOSE MOURINHO: EX-MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER BREAKS SILENCE.
- ALEX FERGUSON CONGRATULATORY MESSAGE TO RONALDO AFTER WINNING AWARD
- Mourinho plans massive clear-out at Man United, set to spare only 7 players
- PSG STAR SET TO JOIN OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER AT MAN UNITED.
- Sport News
- AARON MOOY: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN MIDFIELDER OUT TILL FEBRUARY WITH KNEE INJURY HUDDERSFIELD TOWN MIDFIELDER AARON MOOY HAS BEEN RULED OUT UNTIL FEBRUARY WITH A KNEE INJURY.
- Former Nigeria U17 midfielder Amia completes move to Kano Pillars
- LIVERPOOL WAS ABLE TO TOP THE PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE WITH A VITAL 2-0 WIN OVER CHELSEA ON SUNDAY EVENING.
- I HAVE NO INTENTION OF LEAVING LIVERPOOL SAYS MOHAMMED SALAH
- EPL: Solskjaer sets new law for Manchester United players
- MANCHESTER UNITED SET TO SIGN A LONG TERM DEAL WITH ANDREA PEREIRA
- 2019 FIBA World Cup: France, Australia, Spain Argentina battle for final spots
- SPORTS NEWS
- SPORTS NEWS
- 100 PLAYERS HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE IBADAN BOVAS GOLF TOURNAMENT
- Neymar may miss Champions League against Real Madrid
- Europa League: Sadiq Umar’s Hard work undone in defeat to Man United
- Aderemi Ready for final as Zenith B’ball League resumes
- AM NOT IN CHARGE OF TRANSFER AT TOTTENHAM
- Chelsea legend Drogba to call it quit on his football career
- SPORT NEWS
- LIVERPOOL 4-0 WIN AGAINST BARCELONA
- Man United named most valuable club by Forbes
- MOURINHO NEXT CLUB: SHOULD HAVE EMPATHY AS WELL AS AMBITION.
- AKPEYI FEARS LOSING HIS SPOT IN EAGLES
- Amapakabo, Will Continue As Olympic Eagles Coach, Not Salisu–NFF Chieftain
- SPORTS NEWS.
- 150 ATHLETES WOULD REPRESENT OGUN AT THE 2019 NATIONAL YOUTH GAMES
- African Nigerian athletes reject $100 allowance
- Nigeria maintain 52nd position on the latest FIFA ranking
- ALEX IWOBI, COMPLETES MOVE TO EVERTON FROM ARSENAL
- Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners, Donates Millions Of Naira
- Thomas Tuchel retains Paris Saint-Germain ‘trust’, says president Nasser Al Khelaifi.
- Sport News
- TOZALI SPORT UPDATE : Ronaldo Could Not Hide His Frustration As Juventus Gift Manchester United Victory.
- International Magazine Rates Nigeria’s Jersey Best World Cup Strip
- FIFA World Cup 2022 emblem unveiled
- 2019 AFCON aftermath: Tunisia part with Giresse
- FIFA strips Maradona off ambassador role
- AFCON: NIGERIA VS SOUTH AFRICA A 2-1 WIN
- AFCON 2019: DANGOTE AND OTEDOLA MAKE FINANCIAL PLEDGE TO SUPER EAGLES AHEAD OF THEIR CLASH WITH ALGERIA
- ALIKO DANGOTE FULFILLED HIS $50,000 PLEDGE FOR SUPER EAGLES AGAINST ALGERIA’S
- Etebo doubtful for Super Eagles match against Serbia
- Nigeria dusts Madagascar in table tennis events