Just like the hair, nails never stop growing. They must be taken care of from time to time. The nails are made up of a protein called keratin. Hair and skin also have keratin.
The nails are hard part of the body at the tip of the fingers and toes, of which most people have ten. Toe nails and finger nails are similar, except that the toe nails grow four time slower than the finger nails.
If the nails are not properly taken care of, it can lead to nail infection and inflammation. Below are tips on how to take care of your nails;
1. Keep your hands very clean; it is very important to make sure your nails and the skin around it are dirt free.
2. Clip your nails regularly; it’s important to regularly trim your nails at least once in every week.
3. Avoid trimming your cuticle; cuticle are meant to be a barrier for bacteria and cutting them can lead to painful infection.
4. Avoid harsh polish; some of the nail polish typically contains very toxic chemicals that can affect the nails. Therefore water based nail polish is more advisable.
5. Eat well; diet is very essential to maintain healthy nails. Eating food with vitamin B produces brittleness; zinc gets rid of white spots on the nails; iron prevent ridges from forming. Finally drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
BY, FIRDAUSI MUSA DANTSOHO