Dodo frittata can be made on a stove top or baked in the oven, both methods are not complex at all, and you may want to follow the same procedure till the end. Dodo frittata is one of the most delicious breakfast ideas in West Africa, most especially in Nigeria and it is perfect for both kids and adults and is also an ideal make-ahead-meal. If you don’t have plan of preparing something very complicated in the morning, dodo is the best breakfast idea for you. This is what we call the Nigerian pizza because it comes out exactly like it.
Dodo frittata is also known as plantain and egg frittata, you will need ripe plantain, eggs, sausages, and vegetables for this. Ripe plantain is best used in this recipe than the unripe, and you can also replace the plantain with potatoes if you think they are too sweet for you to make the potato version (potato frittata).
· Ripe plantain
· Green pepper
· Red pepper
1. Slice or dice your plantain to your desire shape.
2. Fry in a hot oil till golden brown or bake in an oven.
3. Slice and dice your veggies
4. In a bowl, break the eggs and add your spices and mix together.
5. Add your veggies to your egg and mix.
6. Cut your sausage into bits.
7. Pour the egg mixture into a greased pan and spread. Arrange the fried plantain round the pan until it takes the shape of the pan.
8. Cover and set over low heat for 10 mins.
9. Then transfer to a pre-heated oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until it is set.
10. Your plantain and egg frittata also known as dodo frittata is ready.
BY: FIRDAUSI MUSA DANTSOHO