The Egg Roll has been a Nigerian snack for a long time . Each roll contains about 309 calories.
Nigerian egg roll, similar to Nigerian buns or scotch egg, is made by deepfrying dough wrapped around a
hard boiled egg.
10 whole eggs room temperature
4½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon mixed ground spices nutmeg and cinnamon
Pinch of salt
4 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 cup warm water
Vegetable oil for deep frying
2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a big dry bowl .
3. Add in the margarine to the dry ingredients and rub the butter into the flour with the tip of your fingers until crumbly.
4. In the centre of the flour mixture, add some water little by little. Mix the water with the flour until a dough is formed. Knead until a smooth, non-sticky elastic dough is gotten.
5. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces and roll each into balls.
6. Dust a flat work surface with flour and roll out the dough pieces, one at a time. Wrap each piece
around an egg and roll into a ball. Repeat until each piece of dough is rolled and wrapped about an egg.
7. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat and fry egg rolls in batches (on low/medium heat) until golden brown and crunchy on the outside.
8. Remove egg rolls from the oil and drain on a paper towel before serving.
9.Your egg rolls are ready! Serve hot, or cold, with any drink of your choice.