Shoes are outer cover for the human foot typically having thick or stiff sole with an attached heel and upper part of lighter material such as leather, metal place or rim from the hoof of an animal.
Weather you’ve just started working in a shoe department, planning on going into shoe business,want to be able to talk the lingo or you’ve recently gotten really into fashion, knowing your shoe definition is a useful skill most especially when it comes to ‘’High HEELED SHOES.
Here are some great ultimate list of types of heels and their names and also take to mind that we have high, mid and low heel; below are some of the listed heels and their various descriptions.
1 . KITTEN HEELS: Kitten heels are very comfortable heels, they are great for parties, work event where you don’t need extra height but will be on your feet for awhile.
2. PUMPS: Also known as simply high heels are wider and between 2 and 3 inch in height .They are typically low cut around the front.
3. STILETTOS: The highest of all the heels can reach up to 8 inch while these heights can cause problem walking for many. Its worthy skill for the lengthening effect they have on ones legs. Many stilettos are also platforms due to the height.
4. WEDGE HEELS /WEDGE SANDALS: There are two types of wedge; wedge heels and wedge sandals. Wedge heels are flush just like a high heel would be and there is no separation from the heel to the sole. While wedge sandals have same type of heel as a wedge heel; but they have a more open sandal upper.
5. ANKLE BOOTIES: Making their come back with the last few years, high booties and angle booties are great for spring or fall days when a full boot is over kill.
6. CHUNKY HEEL: This is the general term for any heel with a wider base that is typically square, they are usually on the short to medium side, and provide more stability than traditional high heel stilettos.
7. MULE HEELS: Mule heels are any heels that come up high over the top foot. You could have it opened or closed. To mule; the height of mule heels can vary.
8. OXFORDS: The traditional oxford has the academy look with a flat heel. But lately we are seeing oxford heels come on the scene. The heel is still flat at the base but more height than the traditional oxford as shown in the pix below.
9. PEEP TOE HEELS: Some what of tease, peep toe heels come in all shapes and sides. All they need is for a pop of your colourful toe nails to be a peep toe.
10. HIGH HEELS SANDALS: With varying heights a high heel sandals is any thigh that has any of the heel types listed here; (high, stilettos, kitten) But with a sandal upper.
BY STEPHANIE ERDOO HEMEN