Wedding planning is stressful enough, but picking your brides maid shouldn’t be… once you’ve made up your mind to share the good news of you saying ‘’Yes’’ to your Fiancé on social media; the big questions starts popping up from your friends, like hope you are going to pick fine colors for your brides maids, please don’t pick satin cause it doesn’t go down well with my complexion, I hope your fabric for brides maids won’t be expensive ohhh? And so on and so forth.
You are likely to keep on hearing lots of questions from your friends without them asking if you’ve decided to pick them to be amongst your brides maids.
Your bridesmaids will be the ones whom you lean on for support whenever you need it and it is likely that you will be tapping into their talents while you’re planning your wedding.
· Keep Record: regardless of how long you’ve known a friend or family member, you should have some idea of the type of person they are, which is useful when gauging how they would handle the duties expected of a bridesmaid before and on your wedding day.
· Reliability: reliability means you can sleep at night knowing fully well the task you’ve assign to each of your bridesmaids will be carried out. Trusting your bridesmaid to take care of certain things so you don’t have to worry about them goes a long way in lighting your load, keep this in mind when choosing bridesmaids
· Low –maintenance: you need your bridesmaids to be there for you and not the other way around. Avoid temperamental divas and drama queens who will need you to step in and mediate every decision, task or project.
· Same Agenda: having a committed bestie by your side that has your best interests at heart and ultimately the same agenda as you; that this is a day in celebration of your commitment and not about them standing out in the limelight is wonderful.
· Bridesmaid or Guest: this is really important you note that not all your friends would want to be part of your bridesmaids. So it is very important you find out first if she’d like to be your bridesmaid or if she’d really rather prefer attending as a guest.
BY MAIMUNA BAGUDU