Water does more than quench your thirst and regulate your body temperature. It keeps your body moist; you know how it feels when your eyes, nose or mouth gets dry?
Keeping your body hydrated helps it retain optimum levels of moisture in these sensitive areas as well as blood, bones and brain.
Here is some of the overlooked benefit of drinking water;
1. BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM: Drinking water helps your immune system and makes you stronger.
2. PREVENTS HEAD ACHES: Headaches are often caused by dehydration because water is very important for brain function.
3. PREVENT BAD BREATH: This is often caused by dehydration in addition to the food you eat. Dehydration can also cause mouth odor so drinking a sufficient amount of water washes away leftover food particles and bacteria that lead to bad breath.
4. IMPROVES COMPLEXION: It understandable that if your body is composed of 60% water, dehydration will harm your skin. Water is very important for organ function. If your skin is not getting the sufficient amount of water; it dries up, turn tight and flaky and becomes more prone to wrinkles.
5. INCREASE BRAIN POWER AND ENERGY: Water helps you think, focus, concentrate and stay alert as a result of which your energy levels also improve.
BY STEPHANIE ERDOO HEMEN