7 Ways To Avoid Beauty Blunders And Look Fabulous
Most women don’t think of makeup working against their intended appearance, but in some cases, it can. However, before you rush out and buy new makeup or a slew of anti-aging products, try these helpful tips to avoid adding on a few years while keeping your face appearing youthful, fresh and vibrant.
: As you get older, your eyebrows start to thin and turn lighter. To hide those lighter hairs, use an eyebrow pencil that is just a shade lighter than your hair color. Make quick short strokes with the pencil, followed by softening the look with a brow brush. Keeping your eyebrows groomed can also help give you more youthful appearance.
It is bad when you see clumped mascara on what would otherwise be beautiful lashes. To avoid this makeup disaster from happening to you, apply your mascara by wiggling your mascara wand side to side from the roots to the tips. This maximizes coverage, length and separation.
Most women love to cake on concealer, thinking it will help reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. But in fact, applying too much concealer has the opposite effect: highlighting fine lines and wrinkles as it dries and starts to crack.
and apply it correctly: Using a heavy foundation that may be a shade or two off can really accentuate fine lines and give you a caked face. Instead, try applying a loose powder to your face over your concealer, using a large makeup brush. This technique can help bring out your skin tone, avoid the caked look and give you a more natural look. Just remember if you’d rather use pressed powder, you can still apply it with a brush.
Pressed powder applied with a brush or loose powder is definitely more forgiving if your skin color fluctuates. If you are testing out colors, use your cheek, close to your jaw line. This will give you the truest match. If you are in doubt, pick the darker color over the lighter. Adding foundation that is too light may give you a washed out appearance where darker foundation can tend to warm up your face. Just don’t go too dark.
No one wants to look like a clown, unless you are one. To avoid overdoing your blush, choose a color that is not too dark or too light for your skin tone. Women with fair to medium coloured skin look best in light rosy pinks and peaches. Mauve also works for women with medium skin tones. If you have a darker complexion, try colors like coral, berry or rich bronzes and avoid choosing a blush too light, as it may cause a pale look.Try to avoid applying the blush far below your cheekbones, as this can make your face look jowly. Instead, focus on adding blush to your cheek bones using your eyes as the center and then moving downward.
have you seen women who have really dark lip liner on, where you can just follow the outline of their lips. While that was once in style, it is not trendy. You can still wear dark lip liners, but blending it in with your lipstick or gloss is a key. It will give you a more natural look. If you line your lips too far from their natural shape; you have the chance of the color getting caught in fine feathery lines around your mouth, actually emphasizing them and no one wants that.
Try these and see the difference.
HOW TO CURE ACNE (PIMPLES) NATURALLY
Acne (pimples) is a tremendously embarrassing and burdensome problem. They are crops of small whitish or reddish lumps on the skin of the face, chest, and back due to acne, usually accompanied by an oily skin and blackheads. The little lumps contain comedones or clumps of thickened oily secretion from the sebaceous glands and also pus when infected. Natural remedies can be just as effective as medications in curing pimples.
Sometimes, all your body needs is the right nutritional balance and proper skin care. Here are some easy things you can start doing today to help you heal your acne.
1. Apply a honey maskto your face once or twice a week – Honey has antibacterial properties so it is great for disinfecting and healing minor blemishes. It is also gentle on sensitive skin.
2. Wash twice a day with acne soap – You should wash your face twice a day with a sulfur based soap designed for acne: Once when you first wake up in the morning and then, right before you go to bed at night. Be extremely gentle to your skin when washing. Do not scrub or use any sort of rough cloth. Over washing your skin will actually stimulate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum, thus increasing your acne. It means that you have to minimize your facial wash.
3. Keep your hair off your face – If you have long hair or bangs, pull your hair off your face. Your hair contains oils as well, and will contribute to your breakouts.
4. Take a potent multi-vitamin – Acne can be a sign that something is wrong on the inside. Your skin depends on nutrition. It is a vital organ that is usually neglected. If your body is not receiving the right nutrition, it will fight back. One common way it will rebel is to produce excessive sebum, clogging pores, and reducing the ability for your skin to heal and fight bacteria.
5. Include chromium in your diet – Chromium is well known for weight loss diets. But it is also excellent for healing infections on the skin. Taking a chromium supplement once a day will help heal your pimples quickly and prevent future breakouts.
6. Eat carrotsfor beta-carotene (Vitamin A) – Vitamin A strengthens the protective tissue of the skin and actually prevents acne. It helps reduce sebum production. This vitamin is essential for the maintenance and repair of the tissue which the skin and mucous membranes are made of. Vitamin A is also a powerful antioxidant needed to rid your body of toxins. Did you know that a deficiency in vitamin A can actually cause acne?
7. Avoid wearing makeup – Leaving makeup products on your skin only contributes to clogging your pores, causing more pimples and blackheads. If you feel you must wear makeup, be sure it is water-based.
8. Do not pick or squeeze your blackheads and pimples – As tempting as it may be, do not squeeze, scratch, rub or touch your pimples and blackheads. Doing any of these actions actually increases the sebum production. Plus, when you squeeze, you are actually rupturing the membranes below your skin, causing infection and sebum to spread underneath your skin. The resultant effect will be pimples; try and keep your hands off your face.
9. Wash your pillow case every other day – Your face lays on your pillow case every day. Your pillow case absorbs the oils from your skin and reapplies the dirt and oil, thus causing breakouts. Keep your sheets and pillow cases clean.
10. Eat foods rich in zinc – Zinc is an antibacterial agent and a necessary element in the oil-producing glands of the skin. A diet low in zinc can actually cause acne breakouts.
11. Choose the right cosmetics- avoid using several types of cosmetics or cream that are loaded with harmful chemicals. These will further help remove the natural oils from your skin while at the same time your skin will overproduce oil to counteract the lost natural oil.
12. Use some blends that will help; careful treatment using coconut oil a number of times daily and before going to bed can also help treat pimples the natural way. Another way of treating pimples the natural way is the blend of cornstarch, egg white and milk to serve as a facial mask.