Hello every one welcome! My name is Ummu-khulthum Abdulkadir and I am
going to share my easy Banana and peanut cream pie recipe with you.
Ingredients that you will need are:
For the crust, you will need:
1) 2 ½ cups of digestive biscuits.
2) 5 tspn granulated sugar.
3) ¼ tspn of salt.
4) 10 tspn of melted butter
And for the pudding filling, you will need
1) 1 cup heavy whipping cream
2) 2 large egg yolks
3) 4 firm but ripe bananas peeled, divided.
While for the peanut butter, you will need:
1) 1 cup of mascarpone
2) 1 cup of peanut butter
3) 1 tspn salt
4) 2 tspn whole milk
1) To make the crust: pre-heat the oven, combine finely ground digestive cookie, sugar, salt and melted butter in a large bowl, mash it with a whisk until all the ingredients are evenly mixed, transfer the mixture into a pan then spread and press it tightly with a flat
bottomed cup, evenly on the bottom and the side of the pan to make a crust. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Let it cool completely before using.
2) Beat cream cheese and peanut butter in a large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk add dry pudding mixes; beat one minute gently in 1-1/2 cups cool whip.
3) Banana topping, trim a sheet of parchment into the same dimensions as the inner-area of the pie, peel and slide a banana in ½ horizontally. Then place them cut-aside up over the parchment edge. Repeat with another banana until you cover one side of the parchment. trim on both side of the bananas to achieve straight edges, then transfer into the pie. Repeat the same thing with the other side to fill the entire area.
4) Evenly spread the light brown sugar on top of the bananas, hold another pan to cover the crust part of the pie from the torch, then with the other hand top the sugar until caramelised, turn and adjust the pan as needed. You can cut through the hardened caramel if you want or chill the pie in the fridge for 30mins until the caramel turns into a sticky sauce. Sprinkle sugar before serving…………………..ENJOY!!!