LOVE AROUND THE WORLD
Timeless thoughts written down and spread throughout the decades, centuries and yes, even millenias. Thoughts not only about happy, romantic love but of love in other forms and stages too. Here are the most inspiring, touching and helpful quotes on love.
1. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world”. – Lucille Ball
2. “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know the people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like claims in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it”. – Rumi
4. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.”- Lao Tzu.
5. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, it must be felt with the heart”. – Helen Keller
6. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead”. – Oscar Wilde
7. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” -Oprah Winfrey.
8. “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh
9. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering and of tarnishing.”- Anais Nin
10. “You know its love when all you want is to see that person happy, even if you are not part of their happiness”. – Tumblr
11. “You know you are in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams”. – Dr. Seuss
12. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous”. – Ingrid Bergman
13. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage”. – Lao Tzu
14. “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.”- Erich Segal
15. There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment. – Sarah Dessen
16. Love is an untamed force. When you try to control it, it destroys you, when you try to imprison it, it enslaves you, when you try to understand it, it leaves you feeling lost and confuse. Paulo Coelho
17. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope”. – Maya Angelou
18. “Some love stories are not epic novels, some are short stories, but that doesn’t make them any less filled with love”. – Carrie Bradshaw
19. “The real lover is the lover who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space”. – Marilyn Monroe
20. “The best thing to hold unto in life is each other”- Audrey Hepburn