The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, has confirmed that many people died and 20 injured in Mubi Mosque bomb blast on Tuesday morning. PREMIUM TIMES reported how a suicide bomber detonated his explosive at the packed mosque during the early morning prayer.
Idris Garga, the North East Coordinator of NEMA, confirmed the casualty in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Mubi.
“So far 15 people are killed and about 20 sustained different degrees of injuries in the Mubi Mosque bomb blast,” Mr. Garga said.
He said that suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers carried out the attack. He also said that the attack targeted Muslims faithful who went out to perform their morning prayers at the mosque.
Also, Haruna Hamman-Furo, Executive Secretary of the Adamawa State Emergency Management Agency, ADSEMA, also confirmed that 15 people were killed and several others injured due to the blast.
Adamawa, Borno and Yobe have been the most affected states by the Boko Haram insurgency that has caused about 100,000 deaths since 2009.
Source: Premium Times