Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used for thousands of years to aid stomach upset and indigestion. Mint has several benefits which include proper digestion, weight loss, asthma, depression, fatigue, and headache. The mint leave has more than two dozen species and hundreds of varieties it has been used for hundreds of years for its remarkable medicinal properties.
- Digestion: The mint leave aids digestion it is great appetizer or palate cleanser, it soothes the stomach when your stomach feels sick.
- Treat Headache and Nausea: Mint leaves especially when crushed help you to deal with headache and nausea.
- Respiratory disorders: The strong aroma of this herb is very effective in cleaning up congestion of the nose, throat and lungs, which gives relief from respiratory disorders.
- Breast feeding: For many women, breastfeeding is an amazing part of raising a child; this can also affects your breast and nipples. Studies have shown that mint oil can reduce the nipple cracks and pain caused by breast feeding.
- Skin care: Mint oil is a good antiseptic and antipruritic material, the juice obtained from mint is an excellent skin cleanser. It soothes the skin and protects it from infection.
By Maimuna Bagudu